Job Title: Community Outreach Coordinator
Purpose: Develop, market and enhance the affiliate’s relationships in the community while assessing community capacity and competence to solve housing issues. Represent the affiliate at community meetings in the focus area, report back, and serve as a link between other organizations and the affiliate for communications, resource sharing and insuring community input into plans for housing improvement activities. Other activities as Executive Director deems appropriate.
Time Commitment: 40 hours per week, some evenings and weekends
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
Required knowledge, skill and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- At least 3 years of professional experience working with volunteers, donors and/or community outreach activities
- Proven management and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills and a professional attitude
- Ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Passionate about the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and manage multiple priorities on deadline
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with public and private entities in order to maximize affiliate strategic goals and plans
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to think strategically and programmatically
- Ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge about Lawrence Habitat and the program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and on top of social media trends
- Build awareness of Habitat and its programs through speaking engagements, marketing tools and media outlets.
- Develop a smart and effective plan for social media outlets, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, blogs and the Google suite of products (including AdWords). Be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of social media plan. The position is also responsible for the daily maintenance of MorganCountyHabitat.org and COC must be familiar with WordPress.
- Manage affiliate contact/donor database.
- Coordinate events.
- Coordinate volunteers for affiliate and ReStore.
- Be active with HFHMC covenant churches and continually recruit new partners in the faith community.
- Build and sustain working relationships and communication with community associations; housing advocates and coalitions; business leaders; lenders; grant funders; faith based organizations and churches; school administrators, schools, universities and youth groups; and other institutions.
- Work closely with staff to develop content for Habitat’s website and newsletter that communicates the ways that affiliate seeks to engage with community partners. The external newsletter is monthly and done through Constant Contact.
- Attend staff meetings and work collaboratively with the Executive Director, Construction Manager, ReStore Manager, all staff and Board members.
- Identify and coordinate community outreach activities.
- Serve as the liaison to other community groups identified by the Executive Director and/or work plan.
- Provide timely and accurate records and reports from community outreach efforts.
- Work with other like-minded community groups to identify and prioritize community issues.
- Develop strategies to engage community residents in housing related issues.
- Work with local media outlets to get the word out about HFHMC, including press releases
- Some travel required for training sessions and conferences
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Requires dependable transportation and valid driver’s license
Please send your cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. You can also choose to mail those items to: Habitat for Humanity of Morgan County, 525 South Indiana Street, Mooresville, IN 46158.